It has been almost a month since the province allowed tennis clubs to re-open, and it has been wonderful to catch up with returning Members as well as meeting all the new Members that have joined the Club this season!
Members have likely noticed several improvements to the Club this year, so let’s give a shout out to the community volunteers on the Executive Board, who have spearheaded the implementation of many of these changes.
- Launch of a new Club website and branding;
- Installation of 3 new nets on Courts 1, 3, and 4;
- Court divider installed between Court 1 and Court 2;
- Hybrid court booking system (one court can be booked online and two courts are available on a first-come first-serve basis);
- Engagement of Steve, our new Tennis Director, who offers lessons and clinics;
- Doubling the number of Round Robins, which will provide more opportunities for Members to play.
The Board plans to send out a survey later in the season to get feedback from Members and so adjustments can be made as needed. That said, Russ, our President, is always interested in hearing about ideas that will make your tennis experience even better and welcomes your feedback at any time.
Finally, just a quick reminder that the Tennis Ladders are now underway, although it isn’t too late to join. You can find more information here.
See you at the Club!